Thursday, September 4, 2014

Me


My name is Isabella Rosen.  I have two older brothers, 23 and 20, and one younger sister, 14.  We have all gone to Whitney, my brothers and I starting in the academic center.  My sister just started here as a freshman after going to the academic center at Lane Tech.  One of my brothers goes to Hampshire College in Amherst Massachusetts and the other went to Reed College and now lives in San Francisco. This summer I did a week long program at Barnard College in New York City and I went to Indonesia with my family, which was really fun. I'm really excited to finally be a senior this year, but also terrified about the entire college application process, which I am yet to begin. I feel really overwhelmed by the whole thing and don't really know how I will make myself do it. I imagine I will need a lot of help. I am excited this year because I'm doing a senior experience during the second semester of this school year and what I want to do is just starting to come together. I found an organization that I want to work with called the UIC Center for Literacy where I will probably help out for the first semester until I turn 18 and am allowed to tutor people who are trying to get their GEDs. I'm kind of nervous about it because I have never done something like it before, but I think I will really enjoy it and I am thinking about being a teacher, but I'm really not sure, and this should give me a hint into what that would be like.

1 comment:

  1. Teaching is a profession for the best in society ;) Give your all to the endeavor of bringing literacy to adults. They have stories to read to their children and homework to help them with...

    ReplyDelete